This is the age of the digital world and you will find that everyone around you is busy doing some kind of activities on the Internet. Starting from e-banking to online shopping and from chatting to online ticket booking, today people can do all kinds of daily activities sitting at the comfort of their home with the help of the Internet. From entertainment to professional work, everything can be done through the internet.
But you must remember that Internet is never a safe place for the careless person and you have to be very cautious while browsing the Internet as a little negligence from your side can do a huge harm to you. Any confidence data of your system or that you are sharing through the internet can be access by anyone at anytime.
Don’t worry!! In this article, we have come up with some essential and beneficial tips that are very valuable in secure browsing and keep your data safe while you are using the internet:
• Using a secure password for your account: It is very important that you use secure password as the password is the key to access your account and if you do not have a highly secured password then the hackers can easily crack into your account and do any types of mischief.
• Downloading files from trusted websites: It is very essential that you should not trust all website and if you want to download any files, music or video then you must choose only the trusted website. So, it is very important the reviews and blogs post before you download anything from a website. You should always avoid sharing files over any unsecured media and untrusted website.
• Using two-factor authentication: When you perform important activities such as online transaction it is very important to check that the website has two-factor authentication or not. Various types of the website such as banking website, online ticket booking site, Facebook, etc. you will observe that it have two-factor authentication. That means when you log into your account by using the password it will send a One Time Password (OTP) to your phone number or in your email address for securing the account. That means for accessing such account you need two types of authentication: password and OTP.
• Installing secure anti-virus: It is very essential that you install anti-virus on your computer while browsing the Internet. This is very important as it can protect your data from the hand of hacker as well as from viruses and any types of malicious software. You will get a lot of anti-virus in the market such as Avast, McAfee, Kaspersky, etc. and you can buy as per your choice.
• Keeping the backup of files: It is very essential that you keep the backup of all important data. It is very important that you keep up the backup schedule and keep you important file either on external hard disk or on the cloud.
So, now you leave worry because you are ready for enjoying the safe and secure internet browsing!!